Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Rural adventures



Have you ever been at an event and found yourself thinking, “well this has been fun, but lets start wrapping it up.”

That is exactly the sentiment I had at around 11:00 p.m. last Sunday night as I sat in this “special” church service I was invited to in a rural indigenous village. The service started around 7:30pm and after many eventful scenes, including me being invited to give an impromptu sermon, I had about hit my limit. Little did I know the service would continue until 1:00 A.M.


I have been in all sorts of interesting situations such as this over the last month as I have travelled to many rural communities.  I must say; I love it, each day brings a new adventure and I never quite know what to expect next.

I have been sleeping in a lot of hammocks, bathing in rivers and taking some of the jankiest forms of transportation you have ever seen. I have heard some amazing stories, learned a lot, and been given plenty of opportunities to test my patience.

 I have about five different blogs started, none of them finished. Every time I write I go off on tangents and it comes out a lot longer than I planned. I will try to separate subjects or tie them all together. In the words of awolnation “I blame it on my A.D.D.”

Until then, I thought I would send out a quick update,

Paz Y Amor,

-Chad

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing what you are learning and it is also entertaining to hear about the many awkward positions you are put in. Keep being a messenger for God and enjoy the opportunity to love many of God's beautiful creations. We miss you back here in the states but God has called you there in order to use your talents, knowledge, and testimony. Continue bringing about God's plan by listening and applying what God is calling you to do. You are in our prayers.

    P.S. there is nothing to fear because Our God is bigger than the boogeyman. :D

    ReplyDelete